Sunday, June 23, 2013

R.I.P Patrick Lovato

Demi Lovato's father, Partick Lovato, 53, passed away over the weekend on Saturday June 22nd 2013. Demi Lovato's older sister Dallas Lovato confirmed the news on Twitter, writing, "Rest in peace Daddy, I love you . . ." on Saturday Night. It's unclear what caused his death, but Demi's father reportedly battled cancer in recent years. 

Demi and Patrick Lovato had a rocky relationship since he and her mother Dianna De La Garza divorced in 1994. Demi told the Daily News in 2009 that it had been years since she last spoke to her father.

"The last time I spoke to him was two years ago", she said at the time. 
"You try to have faith in somebody, even when you're the last person that believes in him. But when everybody let's you down after you've been the only one there for them, and so many times, you don't know what else to do".
"I had to cut off all connection", she added. "It was hurting to much".

Her song "For The Love Of A Daughter" from her 2011 album "Unbroken", hints that her father may have had issues with alcohol. 

"It's a very personal song", she later told the Daily Mail, "Oh father, please father, put the bottle down" . . . the lyrics are self-explanatory about my relationship with my estranged father whom I haven't spoken too in five years. I wrote it when I was 16 and getting it out was like therapy".

While Demi struggled with her own issues with bipolar disorder and self-harm in 2010, her father attempted to contact her, without success.

"I love her so much, and I just want her to call me", he told Radar Online last year. "This is the only way I can talk to her, I try to reach out but it never works".

It is unclear whether the singer spoke to her father before he died.

Demi, a judge on popular singing competition, "X Factor" bowed out of a scheduled photo shoot Saturday after the news broke.

"My thoughts are with you Demi", show creator Simon Cowell tweeted on Sunday.

"My thoughts and prayer are with you @ddlovato", Mario Lopez wrote, sharing a photo of the judges posing without her. "God bless you and your family". 

From Demi Lovato Daily News: Rest In Peace Patrick Lovato. May you forever be blessed and forever be in peace. Stay strong Demi Lovato.
  

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment